Pitched Applications Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You may be asked to provide personal data whilst you are in contact with us. Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact you. You do not have to provide the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested.
If we combine personal data with non-personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”) the data controller is Pitched Applications Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10753229 whose registered office is at Woodland Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall TR4 9NH. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA287224.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us personal data by filling in forms on our site or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of using our site, placing an order, requesting services, using the ‘help’ function and when you report a problem with our site. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, business/company name, job title, information about your business and financial information.
- Information we collect from you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, companies within our group, sub-contractors in delivery, payment and marketing services, software providers, analytics providers). Where necessary, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are small data files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain certain personal information about you, which help us to deliver a better and more personalised service.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to reject cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||utma||Used to distinguish users and sessions||2 years|
|utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|utmb||Used to determine new sessions/visits.||30 minutes|
|utmc||This cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||End of browser session|
|utmz||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.||6 months|
|utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data.||2 years|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|dpr||Advertisement||End of browser session|
|c_user||Authentication||End of browser session/ 1 month|
|xs||Advertisement||End of browser session/ 1 month|
|wd||Advertisement||End of browser session|
|fr||Advertisement||End of browser session/ 1 month|
|datr||Site security and integrity||2 years|
|Zopim||_cfduid||Provides online chat service||1 year|
|Zendesk||__zlcmid||Provides online chat service||1 year|
|__zlcprivacy||Provides online chat service||1 year|
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant.
Some or all of the data that we collect from you will be stored on servers which are hosted outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to us. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under Data Protection Legislation by using the EU–US Privacy Shield framework.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will use your personal data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about software, offers and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or we feel may interest you. If you are:
- a customer who has concluded a contract with us, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing by using the links provided in our electronic communications and at the point of providing your details.
- a potential new customer (e.g. enquiring about our services), we will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your explicit consent to this. If you are happy for us to use your personal data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the website page on which we collect your details. Again, if you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can opt out at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing by using the links provided in our electronic communications;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect from you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about offers or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data (and to request that we delete it) at any time by contacting us.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information (including personal data) to the following categories of third parties:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- and other companies within our group for the provision of internet hosting services. This includes our subsidiary company, IT-OK Limited;
- marketing service providers, such as Campaign Monitor, to assist us with our electronic marketing;
- and data storage providers, such as BOX, in connection with cloud storage and file hosting services.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for third party marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- to provide and/or improve our services and products;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Pitched Applications Limited or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets; and
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access. You have the right to request access to information held about you. We will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us free of charge (providing your request is not excessive or for multiple copies, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs) and certain information about the processing of your personal data and the source of such data (if not directly collected from you by us). You also have the right to request that your personal data is transferred to another data controller.
- Right to object to data processing. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us or ticking a box to opt out of receiving marketing materials. Upon receipt of your notification, we shall promptly stop any processing of your personal data and (if requested by you) erase such information if we are not required to retain it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Right of rectification and right of erasure. You have the right to request that we correct or erase any inaccuracies in your personal data if such information would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or require disproportionate effort (for example, such a request would result in a fundamental change to our existing practice) or risk the privacy of others.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Personal data retention
We may retain information about you, including personal data, for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was first collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In determining data retention periods, we take into considerations contractual obligations, legal obligations and the expectation and requirements of our customers. When personal data is no longer needed, we will securely delete or destroy it.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided above and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Last updated: 06 March 2018