Pitched is an award-winning agency working exclusively for holiday parks and campsites across the UK helping our clients sell holidays and holiday homes. Due to our continued expansion and growth in the industry, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship. You will be working and learning with our super team of designers, developers and marketeers to deliver the highest quality websites, online booking and marketing campaigns across an ever-increasing range of platforms. If you have bundles of enthusiasm, willingness to learn and get involved, an eye for detail, strong work ethic and a creative approach then you could be just what Pitched are looking for!
Salary to be agreed upon appointment, depending on apprentice age and experience.
Need to knows…
We anticipate the role will start on 1st October 2019. The role is for a minimum of 12 months and anticipate developing to a permanent role on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
You will be working for 40hrs per week, Monday – Friday from 8.30am – 5.00pm. We work in a rural complex of converted barns, whilst lovey and peaceful it is out in the sticks and away from public transport routes so means of getting to and from work is essential. Our place of work:
St Ingunger Country Offices,
About the role…
You will be working with our friendly team of marketeers, designers and developers and a wide range of projects covering all aspects of digital marketing for the travel industry. We have a mix of clients across the UK ranging from large groups to small independent camping and glampsites, each with their own challenges, stories and audiences to communicate to. We work collaboratively and share and critique our work openly and regularly. At times things can get intense especially at the build-up to key booking season periods so cool heads and willingness to jump in and help out is something we ask of team members at all levels.
This is a rich and varied role; throughout your apprenticeship you will learn the fundamentals and grow competencies in the following areas of digital marketing:
- Website Content Editing and Creation
- Using Google Analytics to determine and improve website usability, customer journey and increase conversion in key areas.
- Measuring and reporting on website changes based on your findings and improvements.
- Fundamentals of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Formulate marketing campaign ideas for our clients and internally for our own products and services
- Learn Google Adwords / Bing Ads platforms and provide detailed reporting to our clients on advertising performance.
- Create new paid advertising campaigns for Google and Bing platforms and learn how to manage client’s budgets to maximise advertising effectiveness
- Create and manage social media campaigns and strategies for our clients and internally for our own products and services
- Learn Facebook and Instagram paid advertising platforms and tactics to deploy campaigns, report on their effectiveness and learn to maximise budgets and spend.
- Learn how to create and send email marketing campaigns, A/B testing, how to work with data segments and create automated campaigns.
- Provide our clients with detailed reports on effectiveness of their email marketing campaigns and use these reports to seek improvements in future campaigns.
- Learn about our client’s audiences and demographics and how to effectively communicate to these different groups.
- Work with our designers on production of offline campaigns such as brochures, mailshots and more traditional advertising methods.
You will need to have strong interest in marketing as a future career path, have learnt the basics advertising and have had experience with media such as websites, social media, email and print. Ideally you would have completed a media qualification.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion and desire to work hard and achieve great results. We always look to continually improve with each and every project. You must be able to take constructive critique of your work from your peers and also speak openly in a group situation about your thoughts ideas and opinions on projects.
You will be well organised, and we need our team to keep a close track on the jobs they have in hand and record accurately the time they spend on each task.
You will be competent in Word, Excel and ideally have had some experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator).
Experience in editing websites or using WordPress would be a strong advantage as would also some basic HTML/CSS knowledge but this is not essential as you will learn this anyway during your apprenticeship.
If you have ever worked for a holiday park or travel based company, seasonally or otherwise in any capacity will be a valuable asset for you in understanding our products and services.
Finally, you will need to be open to a varied mix of musical playlists, like dogs (we have 2 office companions) and the occasional cake!
- Minimum C grade in English, ideally higher.
- Minimum C grade in Maths and be competent with figures (we do more than you think, especially in reporting).
- Qualifications in media, art or design are preferred also.
Pitched are a digital agency with a difference, working exclusively for UK Holiday Parks and Campsites – helping parks sell holidays and holiday homes. We are results focussed and pride ourselves in converting guest browsing to bookings and enquiries.
Operating out of our base in Bodmin, Cornwall we support a growing portfolio of clients from Scotland to the South West. Our many service provisions include website design and development, our in-house booking software and online booking platform, digital marketing, search engine optimisation and design services.
Pitched were recently crowned “Best New Business” at the 2019 Cornwall Business Awards.
About the Apprenticeship Scheme…
What does a Digital Marketer do?
The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will often work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to the business owner, a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT manager.
What will you learn?
The Digital Marketer apprenticeship will take you through three modules of learning. Mainly, you will be developing the skills to strategise and manage online marketing campaigns which may include social media, website building and management, basic coding principles, e-commerce, search engine optimisation, email marketing, digital design (like Photoshop) and much more. You will also learn how to understand and use the information that you get back from interactive platforms and how to create and work to a strategy for an organisation.
For a detailed break-down of the modules, please get in touch.
The learning delivery will be a mix of classroom learning work-based learning and using resources for learning in your own time.
Assessment for the apprenticeship includes one assessment at the end of each of the three knowledge modules. At the end, the requirements are a portfolio of the work undertaken at your workplace and a synoptic project which is created under exam conditions.
- Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing (equivalent to 3x A levels at grades A to E)
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the register of IT Technicians. Completion of the apprenticeship also allows access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and as an associate member of the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS).
How to apply…
Does the role of a Digital Marketer Apprenticeship sound the perfect fit for you? We ask for a written statement on why you will be a great fit for the company and accompanying CV. You can apply in one of the following ways:
Closing date for applications: 14th September 2019